Leaders in Rehab Medicine
From double arm transplants to robotic limbs, the VA and DoD share latest technology in support of Veterans and Servicemembers with limb loss.
New Polytrauma-Rehab Center
James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital in Tampa, Florida opens a new polytrauma center to serve Veterans
Mobile App for Those with Mild to Moderate Concussion
VA's Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services is responsible for the national policies and programs for medical rehabilitation, prosthetic and sensory aids services that promote the health, independence and quality of life for Veterans with disabilities.
Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services is comprised of national programs for: Audiology and Speech Pathology; Blind Rehabilitation; Chiropractic Care; Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service; and, Recreation Therapy. Special programs include Polytrauma/Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) System of Care, Amputation System of Care, and Blind Rehabilitation Care Continuum.
Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services provides program and policy direction for over 8,000 rehabilitation care and prosthetic services providers. Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services is committed to providing the highest quality, comprehensive, interdisciplinary care; the most advanced medical devices and products that are commercially available; and, promoting advancements in rehabilitative care and evidence-based treatment.
Fact Sheets about Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services
- Automobile Adaptive Equipment (AAE) Program
- Amputation System of Care (ASoC)
- Amputation System of Care (ASoC) Traumatic Amputation
- Amputation System of Care (ASoC) Traumatic Amputation (short version)
- Assisted Living for Veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury (AL-TBI) Pilot Program
- Blind Rehabilitation
- Blind Rehabilitation Continuum of Care
- Chiropractic Care
- Driver Training
- Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Mental Health
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services
- Physical Therapy
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service Benefits
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service General Information
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service Housing Adaptation Programs
- Recreation Therapy
- Recreation Therapy Service Creative Arts Therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Traumatic Brain Injury