Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services
PSAS In The News
Listed below are some items of interest related to the world of VA prosthetic and sensory aids; including various video clips, articles, and links to web sites from both VA and other sources.
All the links marked with asterisk ( * ) are External links.
By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.
- August 2010 - *Vietnam Veteran Receives State of the Art ProstheticÂ
- August 2010 - *X2 Prosthetic Leg Now Offered to Older VeteransÂ
- August 2010 - *High Tech Knee Holds Promise for VeteransÂ
- March 2010 - *Kortney Clemons: A soldier's story of amputationÂ
- February 2010 - *Power-Harvesting Prosthetic Uses Every Footstep to Power the NextÂ
- January 2010 - *Repairing our Heroes: The Future of Bionic LimbsÂ
- December 2009 - *Fitting Prosthetic Limbs, via a ComputerÂ
- December 2009 - *VA Engineer Calls Robotic Hand Experiment An "Important Step Forward"Â
- September 2009 - *Â The DEKA Arm (60 Minutes)Â (demonstrated by Fred Downs)
- May 2009 -Â VA Studies Advanced Prosthetic ArmÂ
- February 2008 -Â Prosthetics in the VA: Past, Present, and FutureÂ
by Frederick Downs, Jr; Reprinted from Proceedings with permission; Copyright Â© 2008 U.S. Naval Institute/www.usni.org