Leaders in Rehab Medicine
From double arm transplants to robotic limbs, the VA and DoD share latest technology in support of Veterans and Servicemembers with limb loss.
New Polytrauma-Rehab Center
James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital in Tampa, Florida opens a new polytrauma center to serve Veterans
Mobile App for Those with Mild to Moderate Concussion
VA's Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services is responsible for the national policies and programs for medical rehabilitation, prosthetic and sensory aids services that promote the health, independence and quality of life for Veterans with disabilities. This office aligns clinical expertise, clinical and practice guidance, and specialized procurement resources to provide comprehensive rehabilitation, prosthetic and orthotic, services across the VHA health care system in the most, economical and timely manner.
Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services is committed to providing the highest quality, comprehensive, interdisciplinary care; the most advanced medical devices and products that are commercially available; and, promoting advancements in rehabilitative care and evidence-based treatment.
Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services is comprised of national programs for: Audiology and Speech Pathology; Blind Rehabilitation; Chiropractic Care; National Veterans Sports Programs and Special Events (Golden Age Games, Wheelchair Games, Creative Arts, Summer Sports Clinic, Winter Sports Clinic, Tee Tournament); Orthotic and Prosthetic Service; Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Kinesiotherapy; Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service; and, Recreation Therapy. Special programs include Polytrauma/Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) System of Care, Amputation System of Care, and Blind Rehabilitation Care Continuum. Our staff also work in partnership with Defense Hearing Centers of Excellence and Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE)
Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services provides program and policy direction for over 8,000 rehabilitation care and prosthetic services providers.
Fact Sheets about Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services
- Automobile Adaptive Equipment (AAE) Program
- Amputation System of Care (ASoC)
- Amputation System of Care (ASoC) Traumatic Amputation
- Amputation System of Care (ASoC) Traumatic Amputation (short version)
- Assisted Living for Veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury (AL-TBI) Pilot Program
- Blind Rehabilitation
- Blind Rehabilitation Continuum of Care
- Chiropractic Care
- Driver Training
- Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Mental Health
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services
- Physical Therapy
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service Benefits
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service General Information
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service Housing Adaptation Programs
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service Service and Guide Dogs
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service Women Veterans
- Recreation Therapy
- Recreation Therapy Service Creative Arts Therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Traumatic Brain Injury