United States Department of Veterans Affairs

Hearing Aids

To receive hearing aids through VA, you must first register at the health Administration/enrollment section of the VA Medical Center of your choice.  The following documents are usually needed at the time of registration:  a copy of the Veteran's DD214, driver's license and health insurance (if available).  There are several ways to enroll:

  • In person at any VA Medical Center or Clinic
  • Online by filling out the Form 10-10EZ.
  • By mailing completed Form 10-10EZ to the Medical Center of your choice (please be sure to sign your application or it cannot be processed for enrollment)

Once registered (or if already registered), a referral to the Audiology and Speech Pathology Clinic may be requested through your assigned VA Primary Care Provider.  The audiologist will complete an evaluation and make a clinical determination on the need for hearing aids and/or other hearing assistive devices.  If you are eligible, your hearing aids, repairs, and future batteries will all be at no charge to you.

How to order replacement batteries online:

You can now order batteries online using the Remote Order Entry System-Public (ROES-Public) application.  In order to ensure your personal information is kept secure you will need to obtain access credentials prior to placing your first order.  The instructions for obtaining the credentials can be found at www.va.gov/eauth.

If you have access to VA's My HealtheVet application, you may already have established your credentials.  Look for the ROES-Public application at www.va.gov/eauth/roes and follow the easy steps to place an order for batteries.